SUMMER INTERNSHIP PROJECT REPORT ON “MUTUAL FUND SIMPLIFIED” SUBMITTED IN PARTIAL FULFILLMENT TOWARDS THE AWARD OF MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
SUMMER INTERNSHIP PROJECT REPORT
“MUTUAL FUND SIMPLIFIED”
SUBMITTED IN PARTIAL FULFILLMENT
TOWARDS THE AWARD OF
MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
(2017 – 19)
University Roll No- 178410035
MBA II YEAR (IV TRIMESTER)
INSTITUTE OF BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
This Project report is prepared to fulfil the requirement of the MBA program of Ganeshi Lal Agrawal (GLA) University, Mathura on MUTUAL FUND SIMPLIFIED.
As we all know that in present scenario knowing about practical knowledge is most important then theoretical knowledge therefore MBA program gives an opportunity to know how thing does happens and in which way does it happen in practical working environment.
The reason of choosing ICICI Securities for internship is that ICICI Securities is largest Non-Banking Financial Services comprising of capital market, Life and Non-Life Insurance and Asset Management Segment.Genarilized in Portfolio Management Service, Tax Planning and Management as well as rebalancing of existing portfolios, which has great financial influence on our country and large customer network. .
The prime motto of this study to be familiar with concept of Mutual funds which the ICICI Securities deals.
This project report divided into various sections in the first section it is the introductory part namely objective of study, research methodology.
In the second section the background of the ICICI Securities.
Words have no value until it have a purpose, but when they have a purpose there exists a thought behind them I am also having a purpose to specific my feeling towards those people without whose support this project not possible.
I would like to thanks Mr. Sandeep Gaharana (Branch Manager) who is kindly permitted me to undertake this project in the organization.
I am also thankful to Mr. Aditya Pandey (BDM), Miss.Divya
Agrawal (SRM), Miss. Neelam Rawat (SRM), Miss. Swechchha Srivastava (SRM), Mr. Shivam Chauhan (SRM) Employee of the ICICI securities for their support and providing required information.
The Experience that I learned here in ICICI Securities has a profound impact on my career choices and helped me realizes what is required for success in the corporate world. I carry high regards for the complete team of ICICI Securities.
This is to certify that Summer Internship Report entitled “MUTUAL FUND SIMPLIFIED” carried at ICICI Securities which is being submitted by me towards partial fulfilment for the award of degree Master of Business Administration from the Institution of Business Management, GLA University, Mathura comprises only my original pie of word due acknowledgement has been made in the text to all other material used.
No part of this project has been submitted elsewhere from whatever purpose concerned.
It is my proud privilege to release the feelings of my gratitude to several persons who helped me directly or indirectly to conduct this project work.
I would like thanks to my faculty guide Prof. Seemant Yadav Institute of Business Management, GLA University for his kind guidance and encouragement.
I am extremely thankful to all my faculty members of Institute of Business Management, GLA University.
DATE: (Ankit Kumar)
S.No TOPICS Page No.
1.1 Company profile 10
1.2 Introduction 10
1.3 Overview 11
1.4 Brief about ICICI group 12
1.5 History of ICICI group 12-19
1.6 ICICI group companies 20
1.7 Board of directors 20
1.8 Vision and mission of ICICI group 21
1.10 Introduction to ICICI direct 22
1.11 Awards and Accolades 23
1.12 Major Competitors 24
1.13 ICICI direct trading platforms 24
1.14 Products and service offered by ICICI direct 25-34
1.15 How is Mutual Fund set up? 35
1.16 Advantages and Disadvantages of Mutual Fund 35-37
1.17 Different types of Mutual Fund 38-40
2.1 Literature Review 42-46
S. No TOPICS Page No.
3.1 Research Methodology 48
3.2 Problem of the Study 48
3.3 Objective of the Study 48
3.4 Scope of the Study 48
3.5 Sampling Framework 49
3.6 Data Collection 49
3.7 Data Analysis 49
3.8 Data Interpretation 49
3.9 Limitation of the Study 49
3.10 Responsibilities assigned by the Company Mentor 50
3.11 Sampling Technique 50
3.12 Statistical Tool used for Analysis 50
4.1 Data Analysis and Interpretation 52-61
5.1 Summary of Findings 63
5.2 Suggestions and Recommendations 64
5.3 Conclusion 65
6.1 Bibliography 66-67
6.2 Sample Questionnaire 68-70
LIST OF TABLES
S. No TOPICS Page No.
I Reasons of customers for not investing in MF through ICICI Direct.com 56
II Responses of customers who have done online transactions in the past 57
III How regularly the customers used to transact online. 58
IV How do the customers check performance of all/any of their investment? 60
LIST OF FIGURES
S.No TOPICS Page No.
I No. of customers invested in securities in the last 12 months. 53
II Preferred mode of investment. 54
III Responses of customers about awareness that they can invest in MF through ICICI direct.com. 55
IV Reasons of customers for not investing in MF through ICICI direct.com. 56
V Responses of customers who have done online transactions in the past. 57
VI How regularly the customers used to transact online. 58
VII Medium of news information and analysis do customers used to update themselves on investment products. 59
VIII How does the customers check performance of all/any of their investment? 60
IX Responses of customers about switching their investment relationship to ICICI Direct.com. 61
X Responses of customers about the site features they found useful at ICICI direct.com. 62
Company Name ICICI Securities
Founded In 1995
Parent Company ICICI Limited
Chairperson Mrs. Chanda D. Kochhar
Managing Director • Ms. Shilpa Kumar
ICICI Securities Limited provides various investment banking products and services to corporates, financial institutions, and retail investors in India and internationally. It provides corporate finance services to corporations, financial institutions, financial sponsors, and government, which include equity capital market products, such as initial public offerings (IPO), further public offerings, rights offerings, convertible offerings, qualified institutional placements, non-convertible debentures, buyback, delisting, and open offers and international offerings for unlisted and listed entities. The company also offers mergers and acquisitions advisory services; and private equity advisory.
ICICI Securities Ltd is an integrated securities firm offering a wide range of services including investment banking, institutional broking, retail broking, private wealth management, and financial product distribution. ICICI Securities sees its role as ‘Creating Informed Access to the Wealth of the Nation’ for its diversified set of client that includes corporates, financial institutions, high networth individuals, and retail investors. Headquartered in Mumbai, ICICI Securities operates out of 66 cities and towns in India and global offices in Singapore and New York. ICICI Securities Inc., the step-down wholly owned US subsidiary of the company is a member of the Financial Industry
Regulatory Authority (FINRA) / Securities Investors Protection Corporation (SIPC). ICICI
Securities Inc. activities include Dealing in Securities and Corporate Advisory Services in the
United States. ICICI Securities Inc. is also registered with the Monetary Authority of Singapore
(MAS) and operates a branch office in Singapore.
BRIEF ABOUT ICICI GROUP
The Industrial Credit and Investment Corporation of India Limited (ICICI) incorporated at the initiative of the World Bank, the Government of India and representatives of Indian industry, with the objective of creating a development financial institution for providing medium-term and longterm project financing to Indian businesses. Mr.A.Ramaswami Mudaliar elected as the first Chairman of ICICI Limited. ICICI emerges as the major source of foreign currency loans to Indian industry. Besides funding from the World Bank and other multi-lateral agencies, ICICI was also among the first Indian companies to raise funds from international markets.
HISTORY OF ICICI GROUP:-
• ICICI became the first Indian institution to receive ADB Loans.
• ICICI, along with UTI, set up Credit Rating Information Services of India Limited, India’s first professional credit rating agency.
• ICICI promotes Shipping Credit and Investment Company of India Limited.
• The Corporation made a public issue of Swiss Franc 75 million in Switzerland, the first public issue by any Indian entity in the Swiss Capital Market.
• ICICI signed a loan agreement for Sterling Pound 10 million with Commonwealth
Development Corporation (CDC), the first loan by CDC for financing projects in India.
• Promoted TDICI – India’s first venture capital company.
• ICICI Securities and Finance Company Limited in joint venture with J. P. Morgan set up.
• ICICI Asset Management Company set up.
• ICICI Bank set up.
• ICICI Ltd became the first company in the Indian financial sector to raise GDR.
• ICICI merged with ICICI Ltd.
• Mr. K.V.Kamath appointed the Managing Director and CEO of ICICI Ltd.
• ICICI Ltd was the first intermediary to move away from single prime rate to three-tier prime rates structure and introduced yield-curve based pricing.
• The name The Industrial Credit and Investment Corporation of India Ltd changed to ICICI Ltd.
• ICICI Ltd announced the takeover of ITC Classic Finance.
• Introduced the new logo symbolizing a common corporate identity for the ICICI Group.
• ICICI announced takeover of Anagram Finance.
• ICICI launched retail finance – car loans, house loans and loans for consumer durables
• ICICI becomes the first Indian Company to list on the NYSE through an issue of American
• ICICI Bank became the first commercial bank from India to list its stock on NYSE.
• The Boards of ICICI Ltd and ICICI Bank approved the merger of ICICI with ICICI Bank.
• ICICI Bank announces merger with Bank of Madura.
• ICICI Ltd merged with ICICI Bank Ltd to create India’s second largest bank in terms of
• “E Lobby,” a self-service banking centre inaugurated in Pune. It was the first of its kind in
• ICICI Bank launched Private Banking.
• 1100-seat Call Centre set up in Hyderabad
• ICICI Bank Home Shoppe, the first-ever permanent aggregation and display of housing projects in the county, launched in Pune,
• ATM-on-Wheels, India’s first mobile ATM, launched in Mumbai.
• The first Integrated Currency Management Centre launched in Pune.
• ICICI Bank announced the setting up of its first ever-offshore branch in Singapore.
• ICICI Bank’s UK subsidiary launched.
• India’s first ever “Visa Mini Credit Card,” a 43% smaller credit card in dimensions launched.
• ICICI Bank subsidiary set up in Canada.
• Temasek Holdings acquired 5.2% stake in ICICI Bank.
• ICICI Bank became the market leader in retail credit in India.
• Max Money, a home loan product that offers the dual benefit of higher eligibility and affordability to a customer, introduced
• Mobile banking service in India launched in association with Reliance Infocomm.
• India’s first multi-branded credit card with HPCL and Airtel launched.
• Kisaan Loan Card and innovative, low-cost ATMs in rural India launched.
• ICICI Bank and CNBC TV 18 announced India’s first ever awards recognizing the achievements of SMEs, a pioneering initiative to encourage the contribution of Small, and
Medium Enterprises to the growth of Indian economy.
• ICICI Bank opened its 500th branch in India.
• ICICI Bank introduced partnership model wherein ICICI Bank would forge an alliance with existing micro finance institutions (MFIs). The MFI would undertake the promotional role of identifying, training and promoting the micro-finance clients and ICICI Bank would finance the clients directly on the recommendation of the MFI.
• ICICI Bank introduced the concept of floating rate for home loans in India.
• First rural branch and ATM launched in Uttar Pradesh at Delpandarwa, Hardoi.
• “Free for Life” credit cards launched wherein annual fees of all ICICI Bank Credit Cards were waived off.
• ICICI Bank and Visa jointly launched mChq- a revolutionary credit card on the mobile phone.
• Private Banking Masters 2005, a nationwide Golf tournament for high net worth clients of the private banking division launched. This event is the largest domestic invitation amateur golf event conducted in India.
• ICICI Bank became the largest bank in India in terms of its market capitalization.
• ICICI Bank became the first private entity in India to offer a discount to retail investors for its follow-up offer.
• ICICI Bank became the first Indian bank to issue hybrid Tier-1 perpetual debt in the international markets.
ICICI Bank subsidiary set up in Russia.
• Introduced a new product – ‘NRI smart save Deposits’ – a unique fixed deposit scheme for nonresident Indians.
• Representative offices opened in Thailand, Indonesia, and Malaysia.
• ICICI Bank became the largest retail player in the market to introduce a biometric enabled smart card that allows banking transactions to be conducted on the field. A low-cost solution, this became an effective delivery option for ICICI Bank’s micro finance
• ICICI Bank raised Rs 20,000 crore (approx. $5 billion) from both domestic and
international markets through a follow-on public offer.
• ICICI Bank’s GBP 350 million international bond offering marked the inaugural deal in the sterling market from an Indian issuer and also the largest deal in the sterling market from Asia.
• Launched India’s first ever jewellery card in association with jewellery major Gitanjali Group.
• ICICI Bank became the first bank in India to launch a premium credit card — The Visa
Signature Credit Card.
• Introduced SME Toolkit, an online resource centre, to help small and medium enterprises start, finance, and grow their business.
• ICICI Bank signed a multi-tranche dual currency US$ 1.5 billion syndication loan agreement in Singapore.
• In a first of its kind, nationwide initiative to attract bright graduate students to pursue a career in banking, ICICI Bank launched the “Probationary Officer Program.”
• Launched [email protected] services for all savings and current a/c customers residing in India
ICICI Bank Eurasia LLC inaugurated its first branch at St Petersburg, Russia.
• ICICI Bank enters US, launches its first branch in New York.
• ICICI Bank launched iMobile, a breakthrough innovation in banking where practically all internet-banking transactions can now be simply done on mobile phones.
• ICICI Bank concluded India’s largest ever securitization transaction of a pool of retail loan assets aggregating to Rs. 48.96 billion (equivalent of USD 1.21 billion) in a multi-tranche issue backed by four different asset categories. It is also the largest deal in Asia (e.g.-Japan) in 2008 till date and the second largest deal in Asia (e.g.-Japan & Australia) since the beginning of 2007
• Ms.Chanda D Kochhar appointed the Managing Director and CEO of ICICI Bank Ltd.
• ICICI Bank and Singapore Airlines launch “ICICI Bank Singapore Airlines Visa Platinum
• ICICI Bank ties up with BSNL Cell One for bill payments.
• ICICI Bank launches website in Hindi.
• ICICI Bank opens first retail branch in Singapore.
• RBI approves the amalgamation of Bank of Rajasthan Ltd with ICICI Bank Ltd.
• First private sector Bank to inaugurate its 2000 Branch.
• ICICI Bank offers cash withdrawal at POS terminals
• ICICI Bank & Vodafone Essar ink pact for financial inclusion
• ICICI Bank & Indian Army sign MoU for banking services • ICICI Bank and Intuit launch “Money Manager”
ICICI Bank Limited Opens Second Retail Branch in Singapore
• ICICI Bank rolls out 25 electronic branches and launches many next generation banking solutions
• ICICI Bank was the first private sector bank in India to offer PPF account facility at all bank branches.
• Among the first banks to introduce account portability and also the only bank to offer portability on two additional channels – Internet banking and Phone Banking.
• ICICI Bank launches its official Facebook Page. First bank in India to offer one-of-its kind
“Your Bank Account” App, which allows access to bank account information on Facebook. 2013:
• ICICI bank has been adjudged winner at the express IT Innovation award under the large
• ICICI bank wins awards under the categories of ‘Most Innovative Bank’ and ‘Most innovative use of Multichannel Infrastructure’ at the Indian Bank’s Association’s BANCON Innovation Awards 2013.
• ICICI bank won the Asian Banking & Finance retail banking award 2013 for the online banking Initiative of the year. ICICI bank won an award under the social media category at the information week EDGE award
• ICICI bank received the award for ‘Best Private Sector Banker’ by the Sunday standard best bankers Awards 2013.
• Ms. Chanda Kochhar received an honorary Doctor of Laws from Carleton University, Canada. The university conferred the award on Ms. Kochhar in recognition of her pioneering work in the financial sector, effective leadership in a time of economic crisis and support for engaged business practices.
• Ms. Chanda Kochhar featured in the Telegraph (UK) list of 11 most important women in
• ICICI bank has been recognized as one of the top companies for leaders in India in a study conducted by Aon Hewitt.
• IDRBT has given awards to ICICI Bank In the categories of ‘Social Media and Mobile
Banking’ and ‘Business Intelligence Initiatives.
• ICICI bank has been adjudged the ‘Best Retail Bank in India’ By the Asian Banker. It has also emerged winners in the categories of ‘Best internet Banking Initiative’. It has also emerged winners in the categories of ‘Best Internet Banking Initiative’ and Best Customer
Risk Management initiative’ Awards given by the Asian Banker.
• ICICI bank has been declared as the first runner up at outlook money awards 2015 in the category of ‘Best Bank’.
• ICICI bank Won an award in the BFSL leadership summit awards in the, Best phone banking for End users’ category.
ICICI GROUP COMPANIES
? ICICI Bank
? ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Company
? ICICI Securities Limited
? ICICI Securities Primary Dealership Limited
? ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company
? ICICI Prudential Asset Management Company
? ICICI Venture
? ICICI Home Finance Company
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
ICICI SECURITIES LIMITED ICICI SECURITIES HOLDING INC. ICICI SECURITIES, INC.
Ms. Chanda D. Kochhar, Chairperson Mr. Sriram Iyer, Chairmen • Mr. Ripujit Chaudhari, Chairman
Mr. Ashwin Parekh, Independent Director
Mr. Warren Law • Mr. Robert Ng
Mr. Subrata Mukhejee, Independent Director Mr. Bishen Pratab • Mr. Jaideep Goswami
• Ms. Vijayalakshmi Iyer, Independent Director
Mr. Bishen Pertab
• Mr. Vinod Kumar Dhall, Independent Director
• Ms. Shilpa Kumar, Managing Director ; CEO
Mr. Ajay Saraf, Executive Director
VISION ; MISSION OF ICICI GROUP
VISION: To be the leading service provider of financial services in India.
MISSION: We will leverage our people, technology, speed and financial capital to:-
? Be the banker of first choice for our customers by delivering high quality, excellent products and services.
? Expand the frontiers of our business globally.
? Play a proactive role in th